- Celebrating and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Enriching the educational experience for our students, staff, and community
- Continuous personal and professional learning in order to acknowledge the lasting impacts of historical inequities
- Disrupting and dismantling systemic barriers that perpetuate inequality
- Supporting an inclusive community where each person is seen, heard, and valued
Our focus our Diversity Equity and Inclusion is centered around the four levels: Systems, Staff, Students, Community. The slides demonstrate the work that we launched this year within each level.
- African American Student Initiative
- Administrators and Teachers
- Eliminating Racism and Claiming/Celebrating Equality (ERACCE) Training Administrators and Teachers
- A World of Influence, a historical museum throughout the hallways of our schools to celebrate diversity in our community, state, nation, and world.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Mattawan Consolidated School is creating positive change through our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. A district Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team was created; comprised of four DEI team members per building.